Monday, July 16, 2012


God is at work inside the darkness of the prison! And now, He is assembling a team of servants for the Kairos #28 Weekend at the Lynaugh Unit that will run from Thursday, 25 October through Sunday, 28 October 2012. I am humbly asking you to prayerfully consider joining me in this endeavor for Christ by serving as a Team member and volunteer. I am serving as the Weekend Leader and am working diligently to recruit persons with a servant's heart. I am so hopeful that you can clear your schedule for this important journey and that you will let me know of your interest in serving. If you are, please print and fill out the attached Team Application and get it back to me within 3 weeks so that I may add you to the list of potential team members. We will have 4 team meetings, scheduled as follows: Saturday, 18 August 2012 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Crestview Baptist Church, Midland Saturday, 15 September 2012 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Crestview Baptist Church, Midland Saturday, 22 September 2012 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Crestview Baptist Church, Midland Saturday, 6 October 2012 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Crestview Baptist Church, Midland You'll find that we'll place a serious and intentional focus on training. These team sessions will prepare you for this experience--both spiritually and in terms of your assigned job. As many team members as possible who go inside the prison for the Kairos #28 Weekend are expected to come back one Saturday each month for a year. This is a time of discipleship, mentoring, and fellowship. On the Saturday following the Kairos #28 Weekend (3 November 2012), the Team will return to instruct the residents in the Prayer and Share Reunion Group. Over and over, we hear "I never thought you would come back." So please, if at all possible, I ask you to also commit to this 1st Saturday visit. I ask you to prayerfully consider serving with me as a Kairos Team Member. If you know of someone who is interested, yet has never served in this wonderful ministry, please invite them too and provide them with a team application. I look forward to meeting with as we build our team in God's Special Time. Your Brother In Christ, Keith W. Poertner

No comments:

Post a Comment